Dynalectric San Diego provided design-build and BIM coordination services for this new 36,000 square foot science center. Our in-house BIM capabilities helped coordinate the layout of open ceiling labs and classrooms, along with other interior spaces.
This new building provides 14 labs, one clean room, and four new classrooms. Extra space was created where the current equipment is housed to allow for procurement of additional equipment in the future.
Point Loma Nazarene University’s science center was built to accommodate their increasing science program with additional lab and office space.
Our scope included:
- Site utility connections for electric, phone, cable/internet, with a fiber optic backbone
- Interior, exterior, and site lighting
- Title 24 compliant lighting controls
- Natural gas generator
- Fire alarm system
- Telecommunications/data system
- Closed circuit TV, community antenna TV, Wi-Fi, and security system infrastructure and power cabling
- Lab equipment connections, including fume hoods and exhaust systems
- Prefabricated isoducts for power devices
- Specialty power devices
- LEED certification
Point Loma Nazarene University is a liberal arts college that focuses on academics, faith, and community.